I am an Assistant Professor in Social Justice, School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice, University College Dublin, Ireland. I am also affiliated with the Institute of Social Policy, Warsaw University and ICRA Foundation, Warsaw, Poland.
- Editor in Chief of Journal of Family Studies IF 1.957 (2020) 5 year IF 2.267
- Steering Committee Member of the ECPR Standing Group on Gender and Politics.
- Director of Global Engagement and Internationalisation, UCD School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice.
- Associate Member of the International Network on Leave Policies & Research (representing Ireland).
I graduated from the European University Institute in Florence. After completing my doctoral studies I worked at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense, at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences and at Warsaw University (Institute of Social Policy). I have published articles in journals such as the European Journal of Social Security, Social Politics, Journal of European Social Policy or Social and Legal Studies, Social Policy&Administration, European Journal of Cultural Studies or Social Policy & Society. My research interests are interdisciplinary and include the issues of gender, politics, comparative social policy transformation in post-communist countries, gender studies, reproductive rights, migration, theories of institutional evolution, public administration and public management, and the problems of Europeanization.
PhD Supervision Interests:
- gender and politics, feminist institutionalism;
- comparative social policy/comparative welfare state;
- gender and public policy;
- family policy/childcare;
- social investment;
- reproductive rights;
- political economy of the welfare state.